God created us for abundant, real life, which is found in relationship with Him! The scriptures teach us that our sin has
separated us from our Father and the amazing destiny that He intended. The mission of Jesus Christ and His Church is the restoration of that relationship, which is the secret to real life!
· Our Love relationship with God – 2 Corinthians 5:20, Matthew 22:37-38, John 15:5-6
· Spiritual listening – Prayer and the word, Psalm 85:8, John 10:27
· A surrendered Life of purpose. James 1:22, Proverbs 19: 21, Philippians 2:13
In the beginning God said, “It is not good for man to be alone.” God designed real life to be a life lived in community with other believers. This spiritual family is called the church and is God’s gift to a hurting world!
A Community which…
· Loves one another – John 13:34-35, 1 John 4:11-12
· Cares for one another – Acts 2:44, Galatians 6:2
· Pursues our common purpose & mission together – Matthew 16:18, Acts 2:46-47
The core of God’s heart expressed throughout scripture is love and compassion for mankind. Even though we rejected Him, He still responds with love and calls His Church to carry out His heart of compassion to a world in need.
We express compassion by…
· Sharing the good news of God’s love, locally and globally, which is our great commission:
Matthew 9:35-38, Matthew 28:18-20, Acts 1:8
· Serving the poor – Leviticus 23:22, Luke 12:33, Galatians 2:10
· Maintaining cultural relevance – 1 Corinthians 14:24-25, Luke 15:1-7
The scriptures teach that God’s presence dwells in the believer and consequently our life is not simply our own
(1 Corinthians 6:19-20).
· Excellence – Colossians 3:23, Psalms 33:3
· Generosity – Proverbs 11:25, 2 Corinthians 9:11
· Multiplication…investing in the development of people – 2 Timothy 2:2