Moved to Compassion is the opportunity for us to highlight a value that Jesus taught on a daily basis – compassion. With our fast-paced lives, it is a good time of year to focus on the world around us. We have a variety of ways that you can participate.
1. Compassion Focus – We will be accepting nonperishable food, clothing, and monetary donations towards our Real Life Christian Assistance ministry throughout the month of November. Please bring your donations on Sunday, NOV. 24th. Food Items & Other needed:
Canned Fruit, Canned Vegetables, Canned Sweet Potatoes, Spaghetti Sauce, Pasta, Spaghetti-O’s, Chili, Soup – Ramen or Canned, Mac-N-Cheese, Jelly, Syrup, Laundry Soap, Bath Soap
2. SIGN UP for NOV. 16th Church-Wide Thanksgiving Outreach Opportunities: Join us as we head out to our community and the San Antonio inner city. Our goal is to have 300 participate this Saturday! Look for the River City Serves Local in the foyer at River City. Sign up for a service project on the form HERE.
Click here for Local Outreach Opportunities
3. ADOPT a FAMILY for Thanksgiving: Provide a Thanksgiving Meal for a family in need. We still need 92 meals provided to meet our 175 meal goal. These families are represented through Real Life Christian Assistance. *RLCA Thanksgiving Meals MUST BE delivered to the family by Nov. 24th.
4. ANGEL TREE: Help sponsor a local child this Christmas through our Angel Tree program. “Ornaments” with the child’s age and wish list will be available during weekend services starting November 30th – December 15th. *Last day to drop off gifts are DEC. 15th.
5. 2020 INTERNATIONAL SHORT TERM MISSION TRIPS:
Pick up info on our 5 short term mission trips coming in 2020 in the Foyer. Come hear about our mission trips coming in 2020! We’ll meet for a Mission Trip Informational Meeting Sunday, DEC. 8th, 1:15 pm in Room 202 (upstairs in kid’s area). Click here for 2020 Global Missions Trip Info